Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Worshiping Baby Jesus

As I started reading the New Testament last night, in Matthew chapters 1 and 2, the thing that struck me is that Jesus was worshiped as a baby. I'm not a touchy-feely, baby-coo-ey sortta guy, but I was awed to consider holding God in my arms, stroking his cheek, brushing his hair from his forehead, smelling his baby-scent goodness.

Blessed is Mary, who held the entire universe in her hands, who from her body provided life-giving sustenance to the Maker of the universe.


---

By the way, do you know what the occupation was of the wise men?

They were firemen.

How do I know? Well, silly, they came from afar ....

---

Also note, there were three types of gifts given to Jesus by the wise men; gold, frankincense, and myrrh. And legend has it that there were three wise men. But the Biblical accounts give no indication of how many wise men there were. Could've been three; could've been two; could've been two-hundred. We're just not told.

No comments: