Monday, March 26, 2007

UnHappy Birthday To Me ...

I turned 44 this past weekend; wow; I'm getting to be an old man.

But that's no problem; I have a faith and a hope that this is just temporary. When Jesus returns, I'll get a new body that is just as real as the one I have now, but without the flaws, such as old age. Sweet! I'm looking forward to it (although with a bit of trepidation, because after all, we do walk by faith rather than by sight -- I've never seen it; I just have faith in it).

But the title of this entry mentions an unhappy birthday.

Why?

Because the one person from whom I was looking to get a "Happy Birthday" did not so greet me. There are some deeper issues here than a mere forgotten birthday wish; this is just one more indication to me that a mistake I made some time ago has done irreparable harm.

Bummer.

Time to move on ....

No comments: