Monday, October 30, 2006

Some Geek Humour

For Geeks Only (well, geeks will be the only ones to get the humour).

On the Debian GNU/Linux mailing list recently, Jochen wrote:
[I need a non-geek way to do a computer-related function because ...] I have a non-geek girlfriend using my computer from time to time. But maybe that fact disqualifies me as a Real Geek[tm] a priori. ;-)
Ron replied with:
I'd say there's a higher probability of creating new geeks if existing geeks reproduce.
To which Kent replied:
What is this "reproduce" of which you speak? Is that a new utility similar to "cp"?
Douglas chimed in with:
More like "fork".
Florian finished up with:
I was also confused by this sub-thread, so I tried to research the "girlfriend" issue:

$ apt-cache search girlfriend

psad - The Port Scan Attack Detector

$ apt-cache show psad | grep -i girlfriend

* various backdoor programs (e.g. EvilFTP, GirlFriend, SubSeven)

My preliminary conclusion is that with a girlfriend you are essentially "pwned".

No comments: