- Adam - of the red earth, red, man, earthman
- Seth - appointed, anointed, compensation
- Enosh - mortal
- Kenan - buyer, owner, possession
- Mahalalel - the blessed God
- Jared - ruling, commanding, coming down, he who descended
- Enoch - dedicated, trained
- Methuselah - death, man of a dart, he shall send his death, when he is dead it shall be sent
- Lamech - a strong youth, to make low, striker down, wild man
- Noah - comfort, long-lived, repose, rest
And just as interesting....
Look at the story told by the name-meanings:
An anointed Man, appointed as a compensation, made mortal, the buyer (redeemer) / owner, the blessed God / ruler, descended, dedicated to death, when impaled with darts to his death, then the one who started out strong but was made low, the wild man, will receive comfort, long-life, and rest.